Sunday, January 23, 2011

Couple thoughts before championship Sunday

So it's about 10 til 2 in the morning, I've been sick all day and since I laid down at about 6:00 I'm wide awake right now.  Here's a few thoughts before the games today:


  • Hines Ward is a scumbag.  He's a terrific player, but he's dirty as hell and it seems like no one ever talks about it.  
  • Let's ease up a little with this Aaron Rodgers love fest.  He's been playing lights out lately, but he's got exactly 2 playoff wins in his career.  Mark Sanchez has four.  I heard people talking about how Rodgers was already better than Favre and that's just a joke.  Don't let your emotions get in the way, Rodgers has to do what he's doing for at least three more years before he can be considered elite.
  • Big Ben is the perfect QB for the Steelers.  He's a special player, despite being a complete d-bag off the field.  If he wins a 3rd Super Bowl this year it doesn't make him better than Manning, Brady, or Brees, but he's definitely in that next tier of QB's in the NFL.
  • I don't understand why people hate the bravado of the Jets.  I love it.  I love how much they talk, I love the way they play, I love their whole approach.  
  • I'm still pissed that Cutler is not playing in Denver.  I said it at the time and I'll say it again, you don't get rid of a 25 year old All-Pro QB in the NFL.  Despite some of his maturity issues, there really isn't 5 guys in the NFL you would take over Cutler right now, factoring in his age.  
  • I hope the Packers kick to Hester, who doesn't want to see him with the ball in his hands?  Oh yeah, the Packers probably don't...
  • Predictions from my heart:  Jets, Packers
  • Predictions from my head: Steelers, Bears
  • I love the NFL...

No comments:

Post a Comment