Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Zac Brown Band Obsession

If you've spent any reasonable time with me over the past 10 or so months you may have noticed that I can't seem to get enough of the Zac Brown Band.  I think they're great, great music, great musicians and pretty great in concert.  I was able to see them twice this summer.  The first show was quite an experience, my brother in-law Pat and my best friend from college Trevor and I flew out to Denver on a Sunday morning, caught the Broncos home opener in the early afternoon (it was a great game, hotter than hell but the Donkeys beat the Seahawks and I was with some family) and then drove up to Red Rocks.  I had been to Red Rocks before but never for a concert.  I had heard my parents talk about all of the great bands they had seen there, Loggins and Messina, Crosby, Stills and Nash were a few.  It didn't disappoint, aside from the fact that you pretty much have to summit Everest to get from the parking lot to the amphitheater.  The opening act was Robert Randolph and the Family Band.  If you haven't ever listened to them, check 'em out.

The second show was here in KC, a bunch of us went to see ZBB at the Sprint Center downtown.  I thought it was a better show but the setting didn't compare.  I took a little video on my Phone of them playing my favorite new single.  It's called Colder Weather.


1 comment:

  1. Zach, I didn't know you had your own blog. I also love ZBB!! I just heard this song the other day and loved it - didn't realize they sang it. I would love to go to Red Rocks! Ever since you told me about it I've wanted to go there. It was so great hanging out with you guys over New Years. We miss you all already!!

    ReplyDelete